WHEN TO USE FACEBOOK ADS FOR YOUR BUSINESS
This artcle, The Beginners Guide - how 𝗙𝗮𝗰𝗲𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗔𝗱𝘀 work ,focuses on many things you need to know beofre running an Ad. When you've been using Facebook and Instagram without investing a dime, you 're probably thinking what is the right time to invest in ads?
If you don't use Facebook ads, a few hundred of your fans will see you. Most definitely, it's your friends that you've asked to like your post. Marketing to your network isn't a bad idea. But, what about those people who have not yet connected with your brand? Without investing in Facebook ads, you're missing that opportunity to be in front of their screens.
Facebook helps you to advertise the products on both Facebook and # Instagram in a single campaign. You should check various copies and creatives (videos and photos) to see which one fits better for your business. Back to the question: when is the best time to use FacebookAds?
My answer is when you're ready to take in new customers for your business.
The Facebook algorithm is so clever that you can decide that your ad should only be revealed to your target audience. Just show them your offer, and you're 70% sure of your performance. The other 30% is making an ad copy and creatives that will persuade them to purchase your stuff/service.
Well, Okay You decided to use Facebook Ads to Grow your Business. Now the question is
How do Facebook Ads work?
There are a number of steps to set up your Ad campaign 👇
1. Setting up a business account on Ads Manager: Facebook Advertising Manager is an ad production platform designed to create, edit, and review paid Facebook advertising campaigns. Facebook has recently merged Ads Manager and Control Editor into one framework to make it easy to build and track marketing campaigns through various advertisement channels operated by Facebook, including Instagram ads.
2. Setting your payment method
3. Selecting your campaign's objective (𝗪𝗲𝗯𝘀𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗧𝗿𝗮𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰, 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀, 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰, 𝘃𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗼 𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄𝘀, 𝗲𝘁𝗰) The rule is simple: To select the right campaign objective, choose the one that’s closest to your current advertising goal:
- Awareness: Objectives that generate interest in your product or service
- Consideration: Objectives that get people to start thinking about your business and look for more information about it
- Conversions: Objectives that encourage people interested in your business to purchase or use your product or service
When your Goal is to spread brand awareness then you can select Brand Awareness as the Objective, and when your target is to get new leads, you can select either the "Lead Generation" or the "Conversion" objective. When you want to collect more page likes, select the "User likes" goal, etc. You can also check A / B multiple campaign goals by setting up more than one ad campaign.
4.Targeting audience: While you are setting up your ad , the first thing Facebook will ask you to do is to pick the location, age and gender of your target audience.Make sure you narrow down all three basic fields for every ad you create. This should be your first step for audience targeting.The best way to narrow down your audience is by defining the interests of your ideal customer. You can Target your audience’s interests, Behaviours, income level, where your target works, level of education, home ownership, people with Children so on tailored to your product Or Service requirement. Make sure you narrow your focus as much as possible.
5. Setting Up Ad Budget: A budget is applied to the ad set as a whole. It is not determined per ad.The total amount you spend on a campaign depends on how much money you allocate towards each ad set. You can set your budget at either the ad set or campaign level.
6. Ad Placements:FB Ad Placements are the places where you can run your ads. Depending on the intent of your campaign, your advertisements that appear on Facebook , Instagram, Messenger and Audience Network.
7.Finishing your campaign by adding your creatives (𝗶𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗲𝘀, 𝘃𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗼𝘀, 𝘁𝗲𝘅𝘁): make sure the Creatives are of appropriate size, Text is with in the Facebook admissible percentage (10% ) of the whole Picture, Do not include anything about facebook On the creatives and so on as per Facebook Ad Creative Specs.
8. Now Hitting the publish button
9.Waiting for your Ad to get approved by the Fb Ads Admin Team( sometimes, this seems a long wait !!) I know, it seems like that's a lot🤷🏻♀️
Avoid these mistakes in your Facebook Ad Campaign
Facebook ads can be a great promotional option and can provide significant benefits, with respect to both increasing brand awareness and boosting sales. But not all Facebook ad campaigns are created equal. These are the mistakes to avoid , to make a successful ad campaign.
- Running Ads at All Times
- Irrelevant Landing Pages
- Constantly Tinkering With Your Campaign
- Not Activating Facebook Automated Rules
- Continuing to Market to Converted Customers
- Not Experimenting With Different Ad Types
five things you need to check before you turn off your ads.
When you are running many ads simultaneously, You may realise some the Ads are doing so well. However, here are five things you need to check before you turn off your ads.
1.Are you out of context and not messaging your audience in the right way? You need to get more powerful ads in the research here.
2.Are you not split testing? If not it's hard to know if the headlines, text, creatives, and landing pages are working to their potential. However, be aware that If the Ad-spend is very low, then there is no need to do split-testing as split testing needs at least 1000 impressions to provide accurate results.
3.Are you going to give up too soon? Facebook needs some time to learn. Watching your advertisements in the first 24 hours can be frustrating, but give it time (like 7-10 days) before you make a decision.
4.Is the FB pixel set up correctly on your website, and do you actively use it to create audiences? Using your pixel is a powerful way to reach more targeted and important audiences and track your performance.
5.Are your audiences too small for that? This can contribute to a rise in ad frequency and may irritate people. This can also not reach enough users on Facebook to know the best way to distribute the ads.
🔷🔷Bonus Tip 🔷🔷
Ensure that you're selecting the right goal at the beginning of your campaign set up. For Instance. if you selected brand awareness but are looking for conversions - you will be highly disappointed.
If you are looking at Running Facebook Ads for your Business, we are here to Help you -Experts in Social media Marketing. Contact Us Today!