Organic Traffic and Paid Traffic
What do you know about the differences Between Organic Traffic and Paid Traffic
Well, let’s get realistic : Both Organic traffic and paid traffic have the same purpose, which is getting you business/website more traffic.Many businesses tend to use paid traffic because it’s easy to use and not much work needs to be put in to get traffic to your website.
On the other hand, Organic traffic comes with ” It’s for free” tag. The only investment you are putting in is your time and your Knowledge. Yes, Its known fact: for a good organic traffic, it takes a very good SEO , which means investing money in bits here and there.
“No website can stand without a strong backbone. And that backbone is technical SEO.”— Neil Patel, Kissmetrics.com
In this article, you will learn about paid and organic traffic that can bring in traffic to your website or the business.
Okay! let’s begin with Different Types Of Traffic that are on the Web:
- Organic Traffic: Its Free! where in visitors from search engine results like Google, Yahoo or Bing that is earned.
- Referral Traffic: happens when the visitor found your website through a previous one that linked back to you.
- Social Traffic : Visitors from any social network in the likes of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, or Instagram
- Paid Traffic: Web traffic that comes from search engines influenced by paid ads with the help of GoogleAdwords or any other paid search platforms.
- Email Traffic: Visitors are from email marketing , with targeted messages and CTA(Call-To-Action)
What Is Organic Traffic?
The term Organic Traffic is used for referring to the visitors that land on your website as a result of unpaid (Known as organic in the Digital world)) search results. Organic traffic is the opposite of paid traffic, which defines the visits generated by paid ads. Visitors who are considered organic find your website after using a search engine like Google or Bing, so they are not “referred” by any other website.
“For people to discover your website, you need to build pathways and big, flashing signs that lead them there. In digital marketing terms, this means you need links, links and more links.”— Luisito Batongbakal, MonitorBacklinks.com
There are several methods to increase organic traffic to your website , One of the easiest ways is to publish quality and relevant content on your blog regularly. The branch of Digital Marketing that focuses directly on improving organic traffic is called SEO – search engine Optimisation.
The rest of the methods to gain More Organic Traffic to your Website Include:
- High-quality backlinks
- Fix broken links
- Use proper Inner linking
- Optimize the meta descriptions
- Your website URL structure
- Register for Google my business and be seen on your Local area
- Google map embed
- Keyword research & Optimize titles
- Site speed
- Sharing the content in Social Media channels & Social media account set up (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+)
- Press release & Recheck your NAP details (name, address and phone number)
- Infographics & Mobile friendly website
Other Ways that will enhance your website’s Organic Traffic are:
- Blogs and Articles( Authority and Niche based)
- Social Shares
- Get your business on Google’s local 3 pack
- Get Hooked On with Google Analytics (GA) Account Creation
- Google Search Console (GSC) Account Creation
- Google Tag Manager (GTM) Website Installation (after GA and GSC integration to GTM)
“Focusing on quality [backlinks] over quantity is what can help to protect your site as Google updates.”— Adam Riemer, SearchEngineJournal.com
Pros and cons of organic traffic
In contrast to paid traffic, Google’s positioning of a website requires a thorough grasp of its classification algorithm. While Google shares some of the most critical elements it uses to classify a website, it takes SEO time – months, if not years – to produce the required results. Once a site has been listed by Google, its results tend to be maintained for years. SEO still needs continuous attention and a lot of care when implementing tactics within Google’s guidelines, as any other marketing channel.
What Is Paid Traffic?
The web traffic that is paid could be a powerful tool for marketing Specialists and Biz Owners. A Recent E-marketer
survey found that 42% of small and medium businesses consider Facebook and other social ads to be the most effective marketing method available to them much better than their websites or email lists.
Paid traffic can be from anything related social or web search. Basically, any service Businesses pay for, that drives customers or leads to the Biz is a paid traffic source.
Here is the list of Paid Traffic Source:
- Paid search everything that’s not Organic , for instance Google AdWords or Bing Ads
- Paid discovery: Paid Discovery is an initial mini-project that prospective clients must buy before you’ll propose a larger project or retainer. You might think of it as a paid trial or a paid test Or an audit , or initial plan .
- Display or Banner ads, Display advertising (banner advertising) is a form of advertising that conveys a commercial message visually & Display advertisers mostly target users with particular characteristics to enhance the ads’ effect.
- Social media ads, the sponsored content that appears in your Facebook feeds ,Twitter, Instagram feeds or before the YouTube video you clicked on.
- Sponsored content marketing : This is a type of content marketing that looks like an article on a website or even in a print magazine but is actually a piece of content marketing for a brand.
- Influencer marketing, where a social media influencer be in Facebook or in Instagram promotes & Supports your product or brand to their followers.
“As marketers, we should be changing the mantra from always be closing to always be helping.” – Jonathan Lister
Pros and cons of Paid traffic
The major advantage of paid traffic is its rapidity. It takes a few minutes to create an ad campaign and anyone can do it with the right training. The paid traffic can be a great channel to take over traffic if you are willing to make the investment. In general, pay traffic is easier to measure than its organic counterpart. It could take a while and a lot of A/B testing, produce the right message and correct the targeting and create a workable lead generation funnel. But once you have that ready, you just have to do to increase the budget for your PPC(Pay per Click) campaign.
Once you start to see results with a paid traffic channel, like Google Ads and Facebook Ads, you can replicate the process in dozens of alternate paid traffic channels like:
Related : Facebook Ads Vs Google Ads
Organic traffic is quite long process and may take a little investment if you really want to be on like the first page of google. The good thing is that you can compete against a lot of brands and bloggers because all you have to do is just do better than whatever they are doing. So, Content is the king when it comes to Organic Traffic.
“Take two ideas and put them together to make one new idea. After all, what is a Snuggie but a mutation of a blanket and a robe?” – Jim Kukral
Paid ads are expensive and are quite unpredictable. Many mistakes could be done while creating ads like targeting the wrong keyword or taking a keyword that has too much competition and so on!.
As a result, these factors are the cause of you throwing money in the in the digital bin. Paid ads do have quicker benefits and fast traffic to your site depending on which keyword you chose and also it can be hands-free if you put it on automation.
It’s up to the business to decide which approach they want to take depending on the many criteria of the biz including how much they are ready to spend on marketing.
Organic vs. paid traffic: Which one is better for your Business?
Although similarities and differences exist, organic and paid traffic are not opposing but mutually complementary.
Invest in paid ads to quickly track your results while working on your long-term SEO strategy is best done when you start advertising on Google. You can then fold your paid ad and concentrate on organic road transport exclusively or work with both of them at the same time.
A survey from Databox found that 86% of marketers run PPC campaigns to support their strategies for SEOs. You can mix the two:
1.Make your organic visitors retargeting campaigns.
2.Find the terms used to find your website for your visitors.
3.Discover tags with the highest CTR title and meta description.
Which traffic converts better
There is no simple way to determine the conversions of any type of traffic as it depends on your particular website and publicity methods.
The closest answer we can get to is to use the information we find. Since the user doesn’t seem to like ads, organic traffic is easier to conclude.
This is an idea confirmed in the Data box survey, which has found that 70% of marketers have found SEO a more effective way than PPC to drive sales.
When to focus on organic traffic
If you do not have a budget for your marketing, organic traffic is ideal.
The only precaution is that time is required, and the costs of time are implicit.
Google needs SEO mastering and content marketing in order to acquire organic traffic.
The obvious option is to take organic traffic if you have these skills or want to acquire them.
Finally, when you are willing to do the first work and play the long-term, organic traffic works.
Because of Google’s confidential and erratic algorithm, SEO can be painful and tiring, but you can make a huge profit if you are ready to wait .
When to focus on paid traffic
The best choice for bigger enterprises is paid traffic. In order to optimise your campaigns, you must be willing to invest the money.
In order to optimise your campaigns you will even lose some of your early investments.
Pay traffic is also ideal if your results need to be shortened, even though they are temporary.
Because SEO takes time, it’s worth investing in Google Ads, especially when you use the data to optimise your SEO campaigns, as shown earlier.
Finally, paid traffic is a great way for visitors who have shown interest in their products or services.
The question of organic vs. paid traffic isn’t an easy one. There will always be pros and cons to each one; the only solution is to test them both and see how they work for your unique needs.
Now that you know how each one works and when you should use them, you can make the right decision and avoid any issues.
About Digitallydiv Agency
We are your Go-to Digital Marketing and website design agency located right here in Melbourne.
With a focus on functionality, user-centric and most Importantly Leads generating design, we deliver high-Converting websites to service based Businesses like Real Estate Agents, Dentists, Vets, Lawyers,Interior Decorators, Finance, Accountants , dance schools , Car sales Agents, and Business Coaches… & Many more
The Ultimate Guide – 6 ways to Achieve Organic traffic , New Leads and Clients. Online marketing is a method of using web-based platforms, Social media, and SEO to transmit a message about a company’s brand, products,