About the Author:
Divia Acharya, Founder, and Managing Director at Digitallydiv strong believer and want nothing more than seeing you and your brand become amazingly victorious. With an MBA degree from Swinburne University Melbourne in tow and a great passion for digital marketing ,Social Media Marketing & Blogging, I am here to stay & grow!. I DESIRE a passion for helping people gain their confidence in Online marketing.
What do you know about Organic Traffic and Paid Traffic- The Differences
Well, let’s get realistic : Organic traffic and paid traffic have the same purpose, which is getting you business/website more traffic.Many businesses tend to use paid traffic because it’s easy to use and not much work needs to be put in to get traffic to your website.
On the other hand, Organic traffic comes with ” It’s for free” tag. The only investment you are putting in is your time and your Knowledge. Yes, Its known fact: for a good organic traffic, it takes a very good SEO , which means investing money in bits here and there.
“No website can stand without a strong backbone. And that backbone is technical SEO.”— Neil Patel, Kissmetrics.comTweet
Paying for ads has its advantages and disadvantages, and so does organic traffic.Tweet
In this article, you will learn about paid and organic traffic that can bring in traffic to your website or the business.
Okay! let’s begin with Different Types Of Traffic that are on the Web:
- Organic Traffic: Its Free! where in visitors from search engine results like Google, Yahoo or Bing that is earned.
- Referral Traffic: happens when the visitor found your website through a previous one that linked back to you.
- Social Traffic : Visitors from any social network in the likes of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, or Instagram
- Paid Traffic: Web traffic that comes from search engines influenced by paid ads with the help of GoogleAdwords or any other paid search platforms.
- Email: Visitors are from email marketing , with targeted messages and CTA(Call-To-Action)
What Is Organic Traffic?
The term Organic Traffic is used for referring to the visitors that land on your website as a result of unpaid (Known as organic in the Digital world)) search results. Organic traffic is the opposite of paid traffic, which defines the visits generated by paid ads. Visitors who are considered organic find your website after using a search engine like Google or Bing, so they are not “referred” by any other website.
“For people to discover your website, you need to build pathways and big, flashing signs that lead them there. In digital marketing terms, this means you need links, links and more links.”— Luisito Batongbakal, MonitorBacklinks.comTweet
There are several methods to increase organic traffic to your website , One of the easiest ways is to publish quality and relevant content on your blog regularly. The branch of Digital Marketing that focuses directly on improving organic traffic is called SEO – search engine Optimisation.
The rest of the methods to gain More Organic Traffic to your Website Include:
- High-quality backlinks
- Fix broken links
- Use proper Inner linking
- Optimize the meta descriptions
- Your website URL structure
- Register for Google my business and be seen on your Local area
- Google map embed
- Keyword research & Optimize titles
- Site speed
- Sharing the content in Social Media channels & Social media account set up (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+)
- Press release & Recheck your NAP details (name, address and phone number)
- Infographics & Mobile friendly website
- Other Important ways get more Organic Traffic are:
- SSL security
- Get your business on Google’s local 3 pack
- Google Analytics (GA) Account Creation
- Google Search Console (GSC) Account Creation
- Google Tag Manager (GTM) Website Installation (after GA and GSC integration to GTM)
“Focusing on quality [backlinks] over quantity is what can help to protect your site as Google updates.”— Adam Riemer, SearchEngineJournal.comTweet
What Is Paid Traffic?
The web traffic that is paid could be a powerful tool for marketing Specialists and Biz Owners. A Recent E-marketer survey found that 42% of small and medium businesses consider Facebook and other social ads to be the most effective marketing method available to them much better than their websites or email lists.
Paid traffic can be from anything related social or web search. Basically, any service Businesses pay for, that drives customers or leads to the Biz is a paid traffic source.
Here is the list of Paid Traffic Source:
- Paid search everything that’s not Organic , for instance Google AdWords or Bing Ads
- Paid discovery: Paid Discovery is an initial mini-project that prospective clients must buy before you’ll propose a larger project or retainer. You might think of it as a paid trial or a paid test Or an audit , or initial plan .
- Display or Banner ads, Display advertising (banner advertising) is a form of advertising that conveys a commercial message visually & Display advertisers mostly target users with particular characteristics to enhance the ads’ effect.
- Social media ads, the sponsored content that appears in your Facebook feeds ,Twitter, Instagram feeds or before the YouTube video you clicked on.
- Sponsored content marketing : This is a type of content marketing that looks like an article on a website or even in a print magazine but is actually a piece of content marketing for a brand.
- Influencer marketing, where a social media influencer be in Facebook or in Instagram promotes & Supports your product or brand to their followers.
“As marketers, we should be changing the mantra from always be closing to always be helping.” – Jonathan ListerTweet
Organic traffic is quite long process and may take a little investment if you really want to be on like the first page of google. The good thing is that you can compete against a lot of brands and bloggers because all you have to do is just do better than whatever they are doing. So, Content is the king when it comes to Organic Traffic.
“Take two ideas and put them together to make one new idea. After all, what is a Snuggie but a mutation of a blanket and a robe?” – Jim KukralTweet
Paid ads are expensive and are unpredictable. Many mistakes could be done while creating ads like targeting the wrong keyword or taking a keyword that has too much competition and so on!. As a result, these factors are the cause of you throwing money in the in the digital bin. Paid ads do have quicker benefits and fast traffic to your site depending on which keyword you chose and also it can be hands-free if you put it on automation.
It’s up to the business to decide which approach they want to take depending on the many criteria of the biz including how much they are ready to spend on marketing.
Are you Ready to scale your Business?
We help you Amplify your online Presence