Is digital marketing stressful as a Business and as a Career?
From the perspective of a Digital Marketer, A Web Strategist and Owner of a Digital Marketing Agency – Yes. Digital Marketing can be Sretssful for businesses.
I started my journey as a digital marketer, digital marketing Strategist and Founder of a Digital Marketing Agency in 2016. It was Indeed hard in the beginning.
This is mainly because Digital Marketers are expected to be highly technical and understand (and oftentimes perform) complex analysis. Plus, they also are expected to be creative thinkers, passionate about what they’re marketing, and thoughtful of their customers as well as clients.
Related: Read this Interesting Blog about how I Started My digital Marketing agency
For me, perhaps the most challenging aspect is that KPIs fluctuate depending on client needs, customer expectations, market trends, competitors, and required milestones.
That’s like trying to hit a moving target, while on the back of a drunk horse. eh?
Digital marketing is one big umbrella with many small sub-topics under it.
So you can choose what interests you and master it. But all topics SEO, website optimization, web design, social media marketing, SEM, PPC etc all go hand in hand and they are all Inter-related.
Before mastering one topic you need to have an in-depth understanding of each topic.
So it all up to you how will you scale your skills so will your business will scale.
All of these add up to an insanely challenging and demanding role.
To all those brilliant people who do this job, my hats off to you all…
some of the biggest disadvantages when it comes to Digital marketing:
- Real-time customer complaints and feedback.Customer complaints and feedback visible and open for scrutiny from the public.
- Increased usage of business and personal resources to manage and control your social media campaign.
- Training and expertise are necessary to manage social media to the optimum.
- Your digital footprint becomes too much to handle – Turn to a negative online reputation.
- Negative employee influence – internally and externally to your business.
- Not enough ROI for the amount of risk and effort. and Not enough knowledge to take the right steps and follow an optimized process
Digital marketing depends on 100% of the Internet, so in those areas where it is not possible to connect to the Internet, you will not have a presence.
- Depending on the ads that are made on the Internet. The seller loses the convincing part about the product that is offered.
- There is distrust in people who buy from the Internet
- The image of your brand may be discredited by third parties or the same competition
- Many specialists indicate that digital marketing is only beneficial for consumer products.
- By having a presence on the Internet your competition can easily track and copy all your business model.
Is taking digital marketing as a career worth it? Will I make good money out of it?
We live in a time where people use the Internet for everything. Whether it is paying bills online, buying groceries for the week, shopping for a gift, planning a vacation, or just about anything else, people are logging into their laptops, smartphones, tablets, and home computers to conduct their business online each day.
The ever-growing popularity of the Internet has created an enormous opportunity for companies to expand their business influence into the world of cyber-space. The traditional brick-and-mortar store has transitioned into the online storefront, where anything can be purchased with a convenient click of a mouse button.’
Who is Digital Marketing Professional?
The rising trend of digitising businesses has created the need for a new kind of professionals: ones well-versed in the business and art of marketing Services/products online.
These people possess the knowledge and the skills necessary to harness the power of the Internet to create effective websites that convert, website Sales Funnels, social media Ads campaigns, community blogs, web pages, social media postings, SEO and more, all aimed at successfully connecting with today’s internet-savvy consumers.
The demand for knowledgeable digital marketing professionals is growing exponentially.
The digital marketing business field encompasses many niche jobs.
Digital marketing includes, but is not limited to, the following positions:
- Online Content Developer
- Social Media Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization Specialist
- Business Analytics Specialist
- Brand Management
- Mobile Marketing Specialist
- Web Designer
- Professional Blogger
- Email Marketing Expert
- Social Ads Campaign Expert
What is the Purpose of Digital Marketing?
A successful digital marketer will possess a broad range of skills designed to connect with, and have a strong positive influence on, customers wanting to know more about a given product or service. The ultimate goal is increased sales for the business, and digital marketing is the most efficient manner for reaching this aim.
Desirable Digital Marketing Skills:
To have a rewarding career in digital marketing, it is important to master the following skills:
- Inbound Marketing – possess the ability to utilize inbound marketing to generate new leads.
- Flexibility – Able to change what is not working to move you towards your project goals.
- Strong Organizational Skills – Able to manage several different campaign aspects at the same time.
- Sales Experience – Must have hands-on sales knowledge and expertise. Digital marketing requires being able to understand and anticipate changes in sales trends.
- Branding Experience- Must possess the ability to create an effective branding strategy.
- Able to craft great landing pages for websites
- Knowledge of Content Writing Platforms, such as Word Press.
- Strong Social Media Skills – Must be able to create effectively, potentially ‘viral,’ social media posts aimed at increasing brand or product exposure. These types of posts are highly shareable among social media users.
- A familiarity with, and understanding of, how Digital Analysis Tools work.
- Ability to recognize and reconfigure under-performing content for the purpose of increasing brand exposure and customer interaction.
- Worpress or any such CMS Knowledge & Expertise – Capable of using Worpress CMS to create eye-catching websites and other visually appealing content.
How to earn as a Digital Marketer
Considering the current scenario, and owing to the pandemic, going digital has moreover become a norm for many.
Businesses are greatly moving along the digital path to reach out to their clients using all the possible online mediums.
Thus, digital marketing has seen incredible growth over the past few years.
And making a great career in it just seems perfect in the current times, where everybody is homebound.
As far as money is concerned, digital marketing is known to be a highly lucrative field that has several opportunities for everyone who wishes to pursue this one as their career,
Not only does it offer you immense opportunities to earn online and both offline, but also gives you the freedom to choose your personal favourite topic as your career.
How to make good money out of digital marketing as a career?
The most important thing here to earn really well in this field is to be extremely passionate about what you are doing.
For example, if you are someone who is really very much interested in writing and has brilliant communication skills, you could anytime choose the content marketing or blogging specialisation under the whole digital marketing Umbrella.
This way, you would be able to pursue your passion for writing and even get to earn more making the most of your skills.
Digital marketing really requires you to be extremely dedicated about your work and wants you to be constantly updated with the knowledge of the field and even your background such as the latest technologies doing the rounds, so that you would be able to run a successful marketing campaign for the business you would be working with.
All you need is the right connections in the industry to get you started.
And this is possible only if you approach the right experts and trainers from the field to help guide you very well.
What are the Career opportunities in Digital Marketing
Truth is, digital marketing is one such field where people can make a great career, albeit with immense passion and dedication towards the subject.
And by anyone, I mean young students freshly out of college, homemakers who wish to restart their career or even professionals who wish to change their profession and take up something more lucrative and interesting as well.
Digital marketing is a field where you would find plenty of different career options available under its vast gamut, such as:
- Social Media Marketing
- Search Engine Optimization
- Search Engine Marketing
- Webdesign and Build
- Affiliate Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Email and Mobile Marketing
- Web Analysis
- Growth Hacking
- Influencer Marketing
You can be an Entrepreneur by opening your own agency or company!
Thus, wherever your interest lies, you can pursue a career in the same.
With that being said, I would like to bring forth the fact that many YouTubers, bloggers, Influencers, and even freelancers in this field are making a good amount of money.
Albeit, the rate of your success depends entirely upon the quality of your work, or so to say, the quality of the content to produce.
Content is sure the king here!
Advantages of mastering digital marketing
Digital marketing is booming nowadays. So one can easily excel in, his/her career in the same if you wish. Talking about the field technically in per cent wise then about 87 per cent of brands leverage digital and 38 per cent of them allocate a whopping 1/3rd of their budget to digital marketing.
Digital marketing is perhaps the only cost-effective and most viable method to get your message out and build a solid consumer base. It is not only great value for your money but also, the barrier to enter and scale-up is minuscule compared to traditional media.
Six points you need to consider while building a career in Digital Marketing
1. You’ll be in high demand
2. Lucrative job and Business opportunities
3. Laying the groundwork to help you become an entrepreneur
4. It’s a challenging job but equally exhilarating
5. Choose what sectors interest you
6. No specific educational background needed.
Digital marketing Career
Digital marketing as a career is good option today but you need to be very aggressive towards your skills, Digital marketing needs strong basis of knowledge and confidence.
But before you start you need to understand the field’s requirements, drawbacks, the environment, and possible paths to take.
In the Big bad world of Digital marketing, you should be aware of SEO, PPC, Analytics, Google webmasters, Bing webmasters, Blog content, Webdesign, Social Ads, what are the best strategies, how to implement the strategies, recent algorithms updates and much more…
Start following digitallydiv Agency Blogs and Semrush blogs and you will find great tips and suggestions on all things digital.
Traits of a good digital marketer
A good digital marketeer should have the following traits:
- Open to learning new things daily
- Data-oriented decision maker
- Content Is Key
If you don’t have a single trait from above QUIT NOW!
If you are the person with the above traits, DIGITAL MARKETING is for you!
If you are good at whatever you do, then you will never face any monetary problems!
Get inspiration from these young and old minds in marketing, follow their story and learn:
Is digital marketing is difficult to understand?
Yes, digital marketing is incredibly difficult to Understand in the beginning. However, it becomes smooth as butter once you get a hand on it.
Digital marketing is just like a deep ocean, having never-ending depth and breadth. this feature makes it challenging to learn efficiently!!
But, You can learn digital marketing very easily. in simple words digital marketing is just the art of offering and selling your products/services online by using the Internet. Actually, digital marketing can be a cost-efficient tool of marketing for your business organisation.
There are many reasons Digital marketing can go wrong
- Most paid digital advertisements don’t work.
- Pages optimized for SEO may bring a lot of traffic, but the traffic is often irrelevant and the users don’t need or see the value in your offering.
- Social ads are expensive, and many campaigns don’t have ROI.
- There are thousands of channels, and these channels are great at convincing you to spend money on their ad space. Also, there are tons of “experts” out there who will convince you that you need to spend money on ad space, too.
- You see it everywhere.
- The ability to segment by demographic.
- The ability to target users of a certain age group, or by their interests.
- You can supposedly reach people who make a certain amount of money.
The digital marketing tactics you “HAVE to be successful in 2021”.
It all sounds too good to be true.
Because oftentimes, it is.
Digital marketing doesn’t matter. What matters is the small corner of the map where your target audience lives.
Sure, you can find your potential biggest fans in the digital space. There are plenty of ways to reach a plethora of different people.
But, if you start “digital marketing” without first identifying your minimum viable audience, you’re likely going to fail.
Digital marketing is hard because there’s an expectation that if you put ads on popular social channels and search engines, you will get results.
That’s mostly not always the case.
Who is your product/service for? What do they need?
Figure that out and then research where they spend time.
It could be on social media, it could be in a car, it could be on the sidewalk or on TV.
AND get them !!
Whenever you’re ready… here are 3 ways I can help you with your next website project
1. Free Mockup Offer
Get a FREE custom Mockup of your new website before you sign or pay for
anything. No cost or obligation. Guaranteed! – Click Here
2. The 15 factors to consider when hiring a web designer
Before you hire a web designer, learn what factors you need to consider – Click Here
3. Website Pricing
If you’re curious to know our pricing – Click Here
Leave a Replay
About the Author
Div Acharya, Founder, and Managing Director at DigitallyDiv strong believer and want nothing more than seeing you and your brand become amazingly victorious. With an MBA degree from Swinburne University Melbourne in tow and a great passion for digital marketing & Social Media Marketing, She is here to stay & grow!. She comes with a passion for helping people gain their confidence in Online Marketing.
The Must-Read Conversion Ready Website Checklist
AFFILIATES DISCLAIMER FOR WEBSITE
The Site http://www..digtallydiv.com.au may contain links to affiliate websites, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website using such links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn advertising fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites.