How to leave job and start own Business - 10 Effective Tips to Leave your 9-5 job and start Blogging & make money
How to leave your 9-5 job and start a Blogging Business
What if I told you that you could turn your hobby into your full-time job and make money doing what you love?
Well, I’m doing it already and I bet you can too! If you have the motivation and drive to start a new business then it’s possible to leave your 9-5 job and start making money through blogging.
Many bloggers have created successful businesses around their passions Hobbys and Expertise and now it’s your turn!
In this article I will teach you how to leave your 9-5 job and start a blogging business so you can begin living life on your own terms.
A good business is hard to start, and it’s even harder to grow.
A great business, however, can change your life—and it can happen in an instant if you spot the right opportunity and know how to capitalize on it.
If you’re currently working a nine-to-five job and dreaming of getting out of the rat race and starting your own business, learning how to leave your 9-5 job and start a blogging business might be the perfect way to achieve that dream.
Why would you want to start a blogging business?
Many people think that starting a business is way too risky. And for good reason: Starting your own business takes a lot of time, money, effort, and risk.
However, it doesn’t have to be that way. With our free information guide on how to leave your 9-5 job and start blogging you can learn everything you need to know about starting an online business without breaking into sweat.
You will even get expert tips from many successful bloggers who are willing to share their secrets with you!
Blogging POSITIONS YOU ARE THE AUTHORITY IN the Topic.
Using a blog to demonstrate your expertise on a topic is a terrific approach to position yourself as an expert in the field. As an authority in a specific field, you will soon become well-known if you create a good blog in that field.
CREATES WINDOW OF CHANCES for you earn Money!
When you establish yourself as an authority in your field, you’ll be able to take advantage of a variety of opportunities, such as media appearances, brand partnerships, sponsored content, book deals, and other priceless experiences.
INNOVATES & Develops YOUR SKILL set.
Many well-known blogs were started by people who had no prior expertise in the subject matter, but who were able to gain expertise through the process of blogging.
A good example of this is a weight loss blogger who began his blog to document his efforts to lose weight, and who is now using his blog to instruct others on how to do the same.
You can also find personal finance bloggers who began their blogs to discuss their efforts to pay off their mortgage early and have since expanded their reach to include advice for other people facing financial difficulties.
CONTRIBUTES TO YOUR WEALTH- Interesting huh!
If you’re willing to put in the time and effort, you can make a solid living blogging.
Bloggers use a variety of methods to monetize their blogs, including advertising, affiliate links, sponsored posts, and products and services, to name a few.
Most successful bloggers make more money from their blogs than they would in a traditional career if they put in the time and effort.
(As an example, I currently earn more money from my blogs each month than I did from my previous work in a year!)
Blogging is, at its core, about helping others who’re interested in the same thing as you.
When you know something about a certain topic, with your blog, you have an unique opportunity to share what you know with those who want to know what you know.
In the process, by helping your audience learning something, you also make money.
Sometimes you make money in exchange for teaching your audience, other times you promote external products (or your own products) that you know will help your audience further.
Essentially, it comes down to a delicate balance between educating your audience and promoting and selling to your audience.
Because the said audience is at the same time your students, as well as your customers.
So, if you’re a hobby blogger, I doubt you’ll get much out of this blog. You may as well quit right now, save yourself some time.
However, if you plan to monetize your blog while doing the thing you enjoy and helping your audience at the same time, then great! You’re at the right place…
So, with that said,
There are three essential parts to blogging that you must succeed at, if you want to be a money-making, business blogger.
- You need to drive traffic to your blog.
- You need to build an email list (many bloggers tend to not prioritize this, and that’s a BIG mistake!)
- Actually start making money. Not a dollar here and a dollar there from ads and donations, but real money! Money that can actually affect your lifestyle – that kind of money.
- Let’s say that the very first financial milestone should be making $1,000 from your blog in one month.
Everything that you do with your blog somehow aids one or more of the three aforementioned criteria.
Blogging is a system, and in this system, everything is connected, and each little piece affects all the other pieces.
Sounds too complicated?
Rest easy because I’m here to help you simplify this, and give you a solid, step by step guide that will help you prioritize your blogging tasks that effectively help with the three things I mentioned above: drive traffic, build a list, and make your very first $1K.
Also Read:How I made $100K Blogging in 2021.
And I also want to mention that blogging takes time. It’s not a be-rich-overnight scheme.
It’s also not easy. You cannot expect to start a blog and suddenly get tons of visitors on your site.
Not unless you know a ton of celebrity influencers.
- blogging will take time and effort, You will need to exercise patience and perseverance.
- to exercise patience and perseverance, you will need to have a winning mindset.
- You cannot let failures stop you from trying, because let me tell you, there will be times when you’ll fail. You’ll invest in a product and realize it was a waste.
- You’ll implement a strategy and nothing will come of it. But unless you have the mindset to see this through and learn from your mistakes and failures, you won’t succeed in blogging.
- You will need to look at your competitors in your niche as teachers and mentors, and of course, competitors, and NOT as obstacles. Trust me, they’re not.
Aside from that, you’ll also be doing these to succeed as a blogger:
- You will be writing a lot. I mean A LOT of Blogs. So, even if it’s not mandatory to love writing, you must at least not hate doing it, or else you’ll be in trouble.
- You’ll have to be OK with promoting and selling. In fact, you’ll need to start getting better at it with time. And get this idea out of your mind that selling is somehow a bad thing. It’s not. Not unless you’re doing it for the wrong reasons and being unethical about it. If you know that a product will help someone, there’s absolutely no shame in selling it to that person.
- You’ll need to make some investments. Not a whole lot, but to be a successful blogger, you have to accept the fact that some investment is necessary. If you’re super broke, sure, do not let that stop you from starting. That’s the beauty of blogging – it doesn’t take much to start. But keep in mind that if you want to grow your blogging business, you’ll have to be open to the idea of investing in it eventually.
How do you start a blogging business?
To start any business, you need Web-traffic and Readers/Customers
Its the mantra of marketing that “To get customers, you have to sell something of value at a price they’re willing to pay”.
This can be done by selling products or services directly (like we do here at DigitallydivApproach) or through affiliate marketing, Display Ads and Sponsored Posts
When most people think of making money online or being an entrepreneur, they usually think about building their own product and becoming an affiliate for that product.
While it is possible (and even highly profitable) to create your own product from scratch, it takes time and money—things that are often in short supply for us bloggers looking for ways to leave our day jobs!
Check Out our Blog: How to Start your Blog-The No fail beginners Guide
Tools I use On Everyday basis to make money Online
Canva Pro– For Marketing Creatives
Semrush for SEO & Competition Analysis
KeySearch.co for Keyword search
GetLasso Plugin for Affiliate Links
CrowdFire for Social media management
Designerr.io to Create Beautiful eBooks that sells
Gumroad to sell Digital products
Where will you get Blogging ideas?
This is a Million dollar question:
This is probably one of the first questions people ask when you tell them you want to run your own business. Where do you get ideas for Blogging ?
The short answer is, EVERYWHERE. Look at magazines, books, newspapers, local resources — anything that seems like it would be something that someone would pay money for.
Look at how passionate you are about something , like for Instance my hubby Loves digital sculpting and does loads of Sculpts on Nomad sculpt App and he also does learning classes for his Audiences In artmellows.com. In-spite having a High paying corporate Job , My hubby is very keen on growing this hobby to the next level.
Look for things you are passionate about You could be an expert in Paleo Food, lifestyle tips, parenting tips, expert in selling & Buying cars, You could be a gardener or Garden Lover anything that interests you and you are passionate about writing.
Whether or not they will actually pay is another story but don’t let yourself think about that just yet.
Just look at things around you and imagine how they could be different if they were designed differently or if they had some type of added value that wasn’t there before.
Well, Do Not forget Google in the first place.
What do you do when you need something ? “GOOGLE IT” right?
Google search is an ocean of Queries that your target Audiences are asking. So, get straight from google and make a Blog for the query.
What skills do you need to be successful Blogger?
It’s important to acknowledge what skills you already have—and don’t have.
If you already have experience running a business, that can be helpful, but if not, then you should know that blogging isn’t something you can just jump into.
As with any business endeavor, there are certain skills required in order for it to be successful.
You might need accounting or graphic design experience; if so, make sure you either have those skill sets or hire someone who does.
The last thing you want is for your business venture to go under because of poor organization or shoddy design. Start by looking at your own skill set—what do you excel at
These are the skill sets you need for succeeding in Blogging Business:
Keyword Research and SEO
Content Creation. Content is the most crucial aspect of blogging.
Canva: Blog postings that include images get 94% more views than those that don’t, according to stats.
Also Read: 10 Reasons Canva Pro is Worth the Money
The ability to use WordPress and WP themes to their fullest potential. In order to start a successful blog, you do not need to be a full-fledged WordPress developer or coder.
But you should surely understand the basics of HTML coding, such as picture interlinking, adding alt tags, inserting headlines in h1 or h2 tags, and so on and so forth.
As a sophisticated content creation tool, WordPress requires no prior coding knowledge on the part of the user.
The Art of Networking. As a blogger, networking is one of the most valuable things you can learn.
For more than just making new friends, networking is an excellent way to enhance your website’s traffic and sales.
Skills in following up. Posting comments and queries on a regular basis will keep people interested (at least 3 times per week). What keeps readers engaged is new stuff.
Respond to reader comments as soon as possible after posting a question. The goal is to keep readers interested and involved on a daily basis, which can only be accomplished by being active and consistent.
Skills in social networking. Search engine optimisation (SEO) has been overtaken by social media. Your blog’s traffic will grow quickly, and you will also be able to reach a wider audience with your material.
If you want to attract visitors to your site, you must learn to use Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter effectively.
As a part of social networking, you need to be able to communicate effectively with others.
A Blogger must be Good reader too– The blogger should be a good reader.
So that he can read more and more and gather every possible information about the topic and can deliver the best out of it to audience.
In a nutshell these skills are much needed:
- Keyword Research and SEO : SEO is the blogging skill that every blogger must have.
- Content writing/ The Original Blog writing :-content writing is another blogging skill that every blogger must learn
- Social media skills- Mainly Pinterest , Facebook and Instagram
- Design skills – In canva or in Photoshop
- Marketing your Blogs
- Networking & Link Building
Running a successful blog involves a lot of tasks
- Researching, Writing, Editing Tools I use : Keysearch.co ,Semrush and Grammarly
- Marketing , content optimisation, Affiliate Links & Digital Products- Tools I use GetLasso , Gumroad and Designerr.io
- Graphic design/branding : Tools I use : Canva pro and Desingerr.Io
- Social media Management. Tools I use: CrowdFire
- Collaboration with public relations firms
- Collaboration with brands
- Collaboration with affiliate programme managers
- Continuous learning
Should you quit your day job before starting the blog?
There are many factors that go into making a major life decision like starting your own business.
These include: how well you can support yourself, how profitable you believe it will be, how much time it will take away from other priorities, etc.
Unfortunately, these sorts of questions can’t be answered easily. But you know what else is hard?
Starting a new career or a Business takes time ! It takes massive amounts of commitment and risk-taking;
so in my opinion if you really want to do something, it’s worth at least trying before throwing in some excuse or continuing on with your current situation. This is called gut instinct. Listen to yours!
What will I earn on my first months?
Your first months in business will be very lean. In fact, it’s likely that you won’t earn much of anything. When I started Blogging along with Marketing Business- the blogs earned nothing but ZERO. However, My Marketing Business took off.
BUT Now, I must admit, I am making more In Blogging business than my Digital marketing Business ever did since I Started in 2016.
Also Read: How I made $100K Blogging in 2021.
You might not even break even! To help give you an idea of what kind of money you could make in your first months, I did some research into what other bloggers earned in their first year.
These numbers may vary based on your niche and topic (for example, blogging about hair or fashion will net higher earnings than blogging about startups), but they can give you an idea of how long it might take to get profitable enough to quit your day job
When should I quit my day job?
When you start a business, there’s always that chance it won’t succeed—that you’ll invest time and money into something that just doesn’t work.
That’s why it’s important to set smart financial goals before leaving your day job; otherwise, all those hours spent working could be for nothing.
For example, let’s say you want to make $100,000 per year from blogging.
Estimate how much time it will take you to hit that goal, including time spent working on other projects—or other jobs.
I would say, You must not quit your day job until you are making at-least( Minimum) 3/4 of what you were earning in your day Job.
Once you reached that milestone , you can SAY” GOOD Bye, Ciao” to your Day Job.!
Over to me!!
Over the last Few years, my blogs have earned me a lot of money-My income Report
Due to my revenue reports focusing on my total profits, it can be difficult to track the growth and development of my site over time.
To give you an idea of how much money I’ve made from blogging throughout the years, I’ve put up a short infographic.
With Digitallydiv Approach and other niche sites I’ve run & maintain, I’ve managed to accumulate the following earnings over my career in the digital marketing and Blogging Business.
2016 – 0 $ I just started Blogging in the year 2016.
Starting my site in August My first niche site ( I sold the site in 2019 so unable to name it here ), When I started , I Just had an affiliate sale of $5 in December 2016 (Yeah , Thats it!), but I didn’t get paid until June of the following year.
For the year 2017 – 15,690
I quickly made back all of my blog investment, which was a huge source of motivation.
A little email list helped me make $2,000 in sales for my digital products with my first eBook launch.
However, this year, my highest revenue came from affiliate sales.
This year, in addition to working full-time and attending school(MBA) full-time, We also got a cat (which was a Kitten at a time and needed loads of attention).
2018- A total of $35,234 was earned in 2018.
More digital items were launched, including my Pinterest eBook (offered for $10 at the launch) which made me over $1,000 in less than a week of selling it.
I sold the site in December 2019 . BUT, I am Unable to name the site as request from the New owners. And I started Digitallydiv Approach in Jan 2020.
2021- A total of $$102,863 was earned in 2021 just with my Blog site ( Affiliate Earnings & Selling Digital Products)
- How to do affiliate marketing : The Effective Guide To Do Affiliate Marketing For Any niche Website May 10, 2022
- 15 Best Web Hosting Service of 2022 May 9, 2022
- 15 Must have essential WordPress plugins for successful Blogging & making money Online May 5, 2022
- How to Start a Travel Blog and Make Money from Travel Blogging in 2022 May 4, 2022
- 10+ Profitable Niches List That Makes A lot of Money in 2022 May 4, 2022
- 20 must-have best marketing tools for small business- Bloggers Tools May 2, 2022
- How to Start a Pet Blog and Make Money from Pet Blogging in 2022 April 24, 2022
- 5 Nifty tips to drive more traffic from Pinterest to your blog April 23, 2022
- How to choose a Niche for your Blog April 23, 2022
- Getting Started With Pinterest – A Guide For New Bloggers April 21, 2022
- How I get 30 percent of my blog traffic from Facebook April 21, 2022
- The Ultimate Guide TO Affiliate marketing- The Beginners guide April 21, 2022
- How to write Blog post-10 doable steps to create Clickable content April 18, 2022
- Canva Pro- is it worth Upgrading[My Honest Review 2022] April 17, 2022
- SiteGround Reviews – 10+ things about Siteground you must Know [An Honest review] April 12, 2022