About the Author:
Div, Founder, and Managing Director at DigitallyDiv strong believer and want nothing more than seeing you and your brand become amazingly victorious. With an MBA degree from Swinburne University Melbourne in tow and a great passion for digital marketing ,Social Media Marketing & Blogging, I am here to stay & grow!. I DESIRE a passion for helping people gain their confidence in Online marketing.
Many businesses do social media marketing wrong. They hear everyone screaming, “You must have a social media presence,” but what that entails isn’t always spelled out correctly. Social media marketing should be effective and affordable, and when done correctly, it can help scale businesses of all sizes.
Just like with traditional channels such as television commercials, radio spots and print ads, your results are going to be minimal if you broadcast your message to the wrong audience. To help you execute a successful social media marketing campaign, here is a list of must-do’s.
Dedicate time to learn how social media works:
There are a lot of social media marketing tips available online, from free content on websites like Quora , facebook Groups that educate people with Social media strategies, tips & hacks and as well you can do some available paid online course. It’s not very complicated if you take the time to educate yourself.
Charles Gumbley, Director of Flower Teleco says “It’s important that you take the time to learn how social media marketing works for your specific business”.Tweet
Listen to your customers:
Ryan Koechel, VP of Marketing for ABODO. says that , the only way you are going to know what your customers want is by listening to what they have to say.Tweet
It’s important that you use your social media platforms as an extension of your customer service. More customers are going to voice their opinion on social media than via email or over the phone.
Social listening is basically all about monitoring what conversations your target audience is having and your response to those conversations. Your audience shares their experiences with your service or product and as a brand it is important to know what how those experiences were in order to make changes if necessary. Here are three social listening techniques to help get the most out of your social media experience.
Below are some aspects of creating a perfect social listening strategy to increase customer retention and foster fans of your brand.
Celebrate positive comments – It is always important to acknowledge and respond to customers who take the time to write positive comments.
Don’t ignore the negatives- While you celebrate positive comments, it is also imperative that you respond to negative comments. A swift and carefully thought out response that makes the customer feel as though they are being heard can be the difference between your company becoming a viral sensation for the wrong reasons.
Participate in conversations- Engaging with your audience is another way to listen to what they want from you as a company. Starbucks has a Twitter page that is used for customers to tweet their ideas for the company. The page is called My Starbucks Idea. From this page alone, Starbucks has used more than 250 ideas and suggestions in their stores. The campaign makes customers feel as though their thoughts and suggestions matter. This creative concept gets their audience to engage not only with the company but with other fans.
Use automation for consistency
Use social media as a way to communicate with your audience and provide them valuable information. When you do that, you create happy brand supporters you can eventually convert into sales. If you have a full-time social media managing Agency Or a manager , make sure they are consistent and push out content across all of your social media profiles.
There are several pieces of automation software, like Hootsuite, Buffer and so on that offer a free plan that can greatly increase your efficiency. If you schedule your posts in advance it gives you more time to dedicate to replying and engaging with your social media followers.Tweet
Engage with and delight your audience:
It’s one thing to fill up your social media feed with posts, but it’s another thing to actively engage with your audience and turn them into satisfied customers. I see a lot of small business owners posting a couple times a day, thinking that they are doing the right thing when it comes to social media marketing.
You can’t just post and walk away. If you do that, you are missing prime opportunities to engage with your audience and convert them,” @ RoySurdej of Peaches Boutique.Tweet
Engaging your followers allows you to uncover problems or issues other customers might be experiencing as well. Then, you can be proactive and address those issues quickly before they turn into fires that are difficult to put out. When your communication lines are always open, you will often discover problematic situations before they spiral out of control.
Track and measure everything:
Businesses will never run a successful social media marketing campaign if they don’t measure the results. It’s important that businesses lay out clear goals with benchmarks that allow them to determine whether or not the social effort is paying off. The data collected and analyzed can then be used to make changes to the campaign.
You must be willing to constantly optimize and test your efforts if you want to develop a truly successful campaign,” Eric Ritter, Founder & CEO of Digital Neighbour.Tweet
It doesn’t matter if you are working with a $10 daily social media budget or six figures. The objective is the same , i,e to put your message in front of the correct audience and trigger engagement. In order to do that, you need to track and measure everything. Succeeding in Social Media marketing involves lots of work, dedication, strategy and focus but will mention what you can do.
- Understand your audience needs – You need to understand the needs of your audience and what type of content is suitable. Because company X uses a particular method does not mean that same method will work for you. Bottom line; Know what is best for your audience.
- Get a content calendar and content strategy – Avoid just posting randomly or spamming. Be organised and get a content calendar pre-planned. make sure your content relate to the product, services or item you want to market or brand.
- Remember all the social media channels have different algorithm and also understand how content works for each. Don’t use the same type of content you created for LinkedIn on Twitter, Don’t create content for instagram and use same on Facebook. All these channels have specific types of contents that perform very well so learn what works for each content.
- Analytics is important – One sure way to know what is working and what is not working is to understand trends. Do make sure you properly analyse your activities to know what is working.
- Use applicable Hashtags – The emergence of hashtags has made it easy to aggregate content and to find information using hashtags. It would be great if you can identify trending hashtags in your line of business so that you can align your content with these.
- Above all, keep on learning. The social media world is a dynamic world and what works today might not be very relevant in 60 days. Yes it is as fast as that so continue to reinvent the way you work and learn new ways of doing things.
Contact digitallyDiv If you need any more Information Or help in you managing your Social media accounts and Ad management.
Are you Ready to Rock in your Business?
We help you Amplify your online Presence